Printing a filtered view from a view-only smartsheet

DanR
DanR ✭✭✭✭

I have our project schedule posted on a contractor dashboard as a view only document for all our contractors to view. I set it up as a view-only document so they can't mess with it. I've published filters so each contractor can see only their scheduled tasks. I learned today that when you try to print this filtered view, it doesn't work! The printed document is completely UNfiltered.

Is this by intention?

Is this a programming oversight?

Is there a setting I'm missing that would allow them to print the filtered view from a view-only document?

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@DanR

To make sure I understand. You have a report that is on a dashboard and the dashboard is shared as view only? Maybe a screen shot would help.

Are you filtering the report on Current User?

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• DanR
    DanR ✭✭✭✭

Hi Ramzi. It's not a report. It's a link to our live smartsheet schedule using the "Read-Only-Full" link I got from the Publish Options screen on the schedule smartsheet. The viewers can filter the schedule using the filters I've shared so they see only their schedule, but when they print that filtered view, the filter is ignored and the entire schedule prints. I've attached some screen shots as you requested.

Dashboard - File highlighted

View-only schedule, unfiltered

View-only schedule, filtered

Printed Schedule, filter ignored

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@DanR

Dan, it appears this is a defect (at least in my humble opinion). Filter/print works fine in the sheet but not in the published sheet. I would report this to Smartsheet. It may be by design, but my guess is it's a bug.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.