Current user report feature dashboard - external party use

Hi

I am creating a generic Dashboard for our external partners and now need to add a reporting feature.

The current user feature for reports works great for internal reporting but I am unable to share the source sheet or the report sheet with our external partners.

I have searched the forums and google but i can't find a solution for this. Is it possible to be able to have the current user feature without sharing the main source sheet?

Hoping there is a work around because we have over 200 external partners needing this.

(Sharing the source sheet and hiding columns is not possible as the report runs off our partner names. We also don't have dynamic view)

Thanks in advance.

Julie

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@Julie Henderson

If you are looking to use one Dashboard for all external users and then have it filter by user, that's not possible in Smartsheet at the moment. Using Dynamic View or the new WorkApps (coming in January) may be your only solution.

Your other option is to add your external users as non-licensed users and then use the current user filters with view only Dashboard permissions.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.