Checkbox & Pulling back values in a cell

10/15/20
Answered - Pending Review

Hi,

I've done my research and it looks like people have had to use Zapier for this specific use, but want to throw it out there again before i go that route!

I am looking to pull back a value from a row where a box was checked. So i am thinking that in my formula sheet i can create a formula that basically says 'if the box was checked in @row, pull back the value from Column A @row'. I've used If statements before + nested formulas, but not sure how to finnagle this one!

Ideas?

Popular Tags:

Answers

• I think we need a bit more context of your use case. The collect formula would pull back all values where it's been checked in a column. You could use an index, match to pull back an individual value.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/15/20

Hi @Shay

Try something like this. (change the column names to match yours)

=IF([email protected] = 1; [email protected])

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=IF([email protected] = 1, [email protected])

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• hey @Andrée Starå,

So i did try it --> =IF({2020 Northern Region Tracker Socks}@row = 1, {2020 Northern Region Kids}@row). but my formula came back unparseable, which i am assuming is coming from the @row. When i take that out, i get an invalid operation. So maybe you can't pull based on a checkbox? I feel like ive tried everything under the sun at this point.

Thanks,

Shay

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shay

Happy to help!

Do you want to return a value from the same or a different sheet?

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå its from a different sheet. Maybe i can use a helper column instead of the checkbox to pull the values back that i need? Do you think that would work?

Thanks,

Shalaeha