What's the best way to go about creating an employee onboarding process?

I'm new to SS and have downloaded the template set for onboarding new employees - I'm just not sure if it does what I'm envisaging or whether it's actually possible, so would really appreciate some helpful advice.

Our company has 6 offices. When a new employee starts at the company, the HR department send out a notification email to a group of people (let's call them 'Admin') located in the various offices. The Admin group then in turn follow a list of tasks - the IT Admin person organizes the setup the computer equipment, the Marketing Admin organizes business cards and website info etc...

Some of the tasks have to wait on other tasks being completed - this usually means Admin members chasing other Admin members for the info.

I am therefore wanting to setup a SS which will provide automation and simplify some of these steps.

This is what I have in mind:

1. A Form will be completed by the HR department with details of the new employee.
  2. The new employee's details will populate into several sheets - a sheet for each Admin member, who has a list of tasks to complete (preferably a separate sheet for each new employee).
  3. Dates will be calculated on these tasks - sending alerts/reminders. Some cells will be linked between sheets, so that information can be shared.
  4. The dashboard will provide a running total of each Admin member's progress for each new employee.

I hope this makes sense - if not, please feel free to ask questions.

I look forwarding to hearing back.

Many thanks! 😊

Best Answer

Answers