Look up and sum costs of selected features

Options

I am building a form and associated sheet/workflows to track requests for vehicles from our customers. I'm hoping to find a formula that would allow me to use features chosen in multi-select columns to look at a different sheet where the costs of each feature are organized, and return the total cost of all the features selected. For example, if the customer selected "amber light bar" and "800 MHz prewire", the formula could look in the source sheet to see the cost for "amber light bar" and the cost for "800 MHz prewire" and sum those costs in my target cell. Too complicated or is this somehow possible?

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Delphine Bedient

Yes, it’s possible.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Delphine Bedient
    Options

Hi Andrée,

Thanks for your response.

I have multiple columns that collect features that the end user requests via a Smartsheet form depending on which vehicle category they choose to request (features differ depending on which vehicle type chosen, thus the multiple columns):

Each feature has a separate estimated cost. These are all stored in a different Smartsheet:

What I would like to do is provide a total estimated cost depending on which features are chosen by referencing the cost per feature collected in the source sheet and adding the costs for all the selected features, providing a total amount in a cell in the main sheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Delphine Bedient

I hope you're well and safe!

Excuse the late response.

Crazy times and I missed coming back to you.

Have you solved it, or do you still need help?

Happy New Year & Stay safe!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!