How do I get the auto-refresh app?

10/18/20
Answered - Pending Review

I have a dashboard that is based on a summary sheet that has summary data based on a cell that has today's date. In order for the dashboard to update to today's data I have to open the sheet and refresh it. I don't want users of the dashboard to have access to the summary sheet.

I assume the auto-refresh app will help.

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sissy.Jones

As far as I know, there isn’t an auto-refresh app from Smartsheet.

Where did you read/hear about it?

There are some other workarounds.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• I found it in this thread. https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/70447/auto-refresh

But I assume the poster is not with SmartSheet.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sissy.Jones

Yes, that's correct. I am, and they are Smartsheet Partners, so it's probably excellent, but I haven't tested it.

Some other 3rd party options/workarounds like Zapier and copy row combined with cross-sheet formulas (untested) could also work.

Would any of those options work?

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå I'm not that savvy with applying 3rd party apps. I looked at the link you provided for Zapier, but I am not sure how to find the function I need and implement it.

Also, I'm not sure what copy row combined with cross-sheet formulas would look like.