Index Match - not returning value after certain point in the master data

Hello

I currently have 1 master sheet feeding information into 3 other master sheets via index match formulation, however, the system is no longer returning a match past a certain point in the sheet

There are 243 entries on the 1st master sheet, and the other master sheets will not return value past 144,

The match information is required for 5 cells per line

Any ideas why this has happened?

thanks

Kate

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kate Hayes

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree

Unfortunately not possible to share without without revealing the confidential information I will try an explain in more detail.

Sheet 1 - collects around 200 columns of data , and allocates it a project number

Sheet 2 - collects data for a different purpose, but using the project number in sheet 1 also matches data for 2 columns Customer name and project name (this sheets seems to be working as required, all index matches returning correct information)

Sheet 3 - collects data for another purpose, again using the same project reference number to match customer and project name (this sheets only partially works, all projects numbers unto and including 144 work, anything after 144, will only return the value from 144)

Sheet 4 - Collects data for yet another purpose, but again uses the same project number to complete index matches for 5 columns included the customer, project name, launch date etc (this sheets only partially works, all projects numbers unto and including 144 work, anything after 144, will only return the value from 144)

I hope this gives you enough data

Thanks

Kate

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kate Hayes

I hope you're well and safe!

Excuse the late response.

Crazy times and I missed coming back to you.

Have you solved it, or do you still need help?

Happy New Year & Stay safe!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.