Why is Generate Report inactive for System Admin

I am only system admin for smartsheet account. I open User Management and select More Actions->User List. I see a message that the report will be delivered to my mailbox but I do not receive a report in mailbox. I tried this multiple times as well as Access Sheet but no reports were sent.

Is this because Generate report is inactive? How do I activate this option?

Answers

• Hi @N Davis

If you are the System Admin and are able to click this option, then this is "active" for you. Since these are automatically created emails, it's likely that they are being blocked by your spam filter / junk settings in your email account. I just tested generating this type of report and the email was routed to my junk folder. (See this Help Article for more troubleshooting on not receiving automated emails!)

If you are still unable to find the emails after checking your spam settings, please reach out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures so they can help you with this one-on-one.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• N Davis
    N Davis ✭✭

Thanks @Genevieve P

I was able to work with IT to get reports from Junk emails.

Under 'More Actions'; the submenu item 'Generate Reports' appears to be inactive (light grey). Now that I confirmed receiving reports, I have to conclude that it is not a selectable menu item - rather it is just informational header. It would be a bit more friendly if shown as bold or regular font with the other items indented below.