Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet for Work Order System

Options
LJ Mercedes
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi everyone,

New to Smartsheet - very excited about the capabilities. Wondering if anyone out there is utilizing the system as a Work Order System?

We get batch work orders from our hardware's proprietary dashboard system via email (excel).

I would like to drop these into Smartsheet - using perhaps the help desk ticket template - and automatically create a new Work Order # for each row.

At some point, I would like to be able to automate this step (email to smartsheet, investigating third parties). 

Then, I would like my field techs to update the work order (although I just learned that web forms add rows, does not update them), so I need a way for them to update the same ticket number - however that may be. They are accustomed to Web Forms, but they may need to update a Smartsheet Report instead so I can connect the data back to the Work Order's corresponding row.

Any tips, case studies, walk thrus are highly welcome!

And then of course is the Boss Lady's dashboard, but that is for another day!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.