Is it possible to freeze a row, yet?

2»

Answers

• So this is open since 8 Years?

Is there an overview on which functions you are currently working on?

What is needed to get them higher on the "to-do" list?

I there a tracker where we can see what is currently worked on and will come next?

Do I need to ask all my colleagues to also ask for this kind of basic function to bump it up?!

Best Regards

• Hi @B. Braun

This is an older post; we now have a new area in the Community that's specific to providing your feedback to the Product team!

See: Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas

The top-voted on posts are reviewed monthly and a status update is provided on those posts. If you vote on a post, you'll receive an email when there's a new status update.

Here's the Idea post for Freeze Row where you can add a comment and vote to let the Product team know about your scenario.

You can also subscribe to the Release Notes page to receive email notifications when there are new releases.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• One fix for this issue that works for me. What I do is change the name of the column to the description. "A" becomes "Stock Level" B becomes "Standard Cost" etc.... The top row is always visible. If you already have formulas you may have to re-due the formula. Hope this helps.

• A snapshot to show what it looks like.

• Vhonda
    Vhonda Employee

Can we please freeze the top rows in sheets?

• Looks like this has been an open request for almost a decade now and it's a simple function that Excel has had forever. I saw another comment from a Smartsheet rep that there is another section for the same conversation, but that convo doesn't have an update either. Freezing the top row, or like the 4th row, would be so helpful. I know I can change column names, but I want to see a legend that I included in the first few rows as I'm working down the sheet.