How to Track when a Sheet Summary Field is Changed and the old and new value

Hello,

I have a dashboard and on this dashboard I would like to display projects whose sheet summary "Status" field changed from one value to another during the last 30 days. How can I go about doing this?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Karen Hansard
    Karen Hansard ✭✭✭✭

Hi Thinh - Thanks for the suggested solution. I'd like to track the change in Status which is a Sheet Summary field but I suppose I could use a formula/reference to bring it into the sheet itself. I'll give this a try.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Karen Hansard

To add to Thinh's excellent advice/answer.

Please have a look at my post below with a similar method I developed.

More info: 

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Karen Hansard
    Karen Hansard ✭✭✭✭

Hi Thinh - I attempted your scenario and it worked for the use case you have, however my use case is specifically when a Sheet Summary Field is changed, as opposed to a cell in the sheet itself.

Here's my scenario . I have a sheet (A) that is made up of column cells with formulas referencing the Sheet Summary fields for 10 projects in our portfolio. Each row in sheet A represents the Sheet Summary fields for each of the 10 projects. When I directly change a value in my sheet A (essentially overiding the formula), the solution you provided works. However, when I change the original source value of a Sheet Summary field in one of my 10 projects, while my sheet A is updated based on the formula reference the project sheet Summary field, it doesn't trigger the workflow to copy to a new sheet, because the update is made indirectly from the source project sheet. I'm not sure if you were able to follow that, but the difference in my case is that I'm trying to track the change to a Sheet Summary field.

I wasn't able to get the =Modified@row to work on the Copy of Modified Date column. How did you define the Copy of Modified Date column? Was it defined as text or date field? I tried both to no avail.

Thanks so much for your help

Karen.

• Hi @Karen Hansard,

Sorry for my late reply. I have not tried your use case that use sheet (A) made up of column cells with formulas referencing the Sheet Summary fields for 10 projects.

Can you do a screenshot of your sheet (A) that show a detail formula referencing the Sheet Summary field, and a screenshot of the Sheet Summary field of a Project?