Charts on Dashboard

I created a dashboard, but the graph seems to show 120% with all the graph data only filling up to 100%. How can i get remove the 120 % addition to the graph? Also, if the "bar" reads 40% complete the vertical axis does not go up to 100% I have several charts next to each other and they do not look uniform. The chart that is only completed at 20% looks like it has a higher percentage of completion next to the adjacent chart which is completed at 60%.

Answers

• Hi @Myriam Weiler

There currently isn't a way to customize the Y axis in this way, to have it always show up to a certain number or to end on a certain number; Chart Widgets adjust based on the data that they're displaying. (Please submit your feedback here to the Product team so they can learn about your use-case!)

As an alternative, you may want to use a different type of chart to display your percentages. For example, instead of a Bar Graph, you could track progress per-item by using half a Donut Chart, like so:

This way you can standardize the look by keeping the widgets the exact same size & same colour, and don't need to worry about the values on an axis. You would need to create a new metric for the yellow bit, the "not yet completed" percent, but it would be simple enough (something like: 100 - [data]@row to find the remaining number).

Let me know if this would work for you or if you need any help configuring the widgets! You may also want to check out the Dashboards Webinar series that was recorded, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now