Column value updates from MS Power Automate Flows

Options

Hello,

A developer on our team has created a Flow via MS Power Automate to add in a row into a Smartsheet via a SharePoint form. If one of the values for the form is updated (the form can be saved and submitted multiple times), how does Smartsheet handle the new value? For example the column name on the Smartsheet could be First Name. If the first submission of the form's value is Bob and then the user updates the value to Robert, what happens to the value in the column? Is it a simple replacement or would it error out?

Thanks,

Tags:

Answers

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Thia Davis

So a new row is created where the name in the first column is Bob. If someone goes into Smartsheet to update the cell from Bob to Robert then it would simply change to Robert.

If the form is submitted multiple times then it would add a new row every time (if that was what the automation is meant to do) and post in what ever is in the field.

Let me know if I have understood your question correctly 😀

Kind regards

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

• Thia Davis
    Thia Davis ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, @Purnima Gore , I didn't mean to click that the answer wasn't sufficient! LOL! I just have a follow up question. If we create another MS Flow to update the same row in Smartsheet, I'm assuming that it will simply override the original entry, correct?