Forms - Having Random Issues Submitting

I have a form that my users have been able to complete without any issues for several months. Starting yesterday, I have (2) users that receive errors when submitting, while others can submit without issues. All users are using the same web browser and all are on different networks. The (2) individuals that are having issues have told me they are not doing anything different now from when they have been successful in the past (as in few days ago). The form had (7) automations incorporated and many required fields. I removed the automations and required fields and the (2) individuals who were not successful in submitting are now able to submit. I reapplied the required fields but left the automations disabled. The (2) users again could not submit. One of the required fields is an attachment field. I made that field not required and had them try again. They could submit without the attachment; however, if they attached a document, it returns the same error. For the life of me I don't understand how 2 people out of a group of 100 have issues and the rest don't. All other users are able to attach or not attach files and it doesn't matter how many automations I have running or how many required fields I have incorporated.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!!!

Justin

Tags:

Answers

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭

Hi Justin,

What is the size of the file that they are trying to upload? There are limitations to the size of individual files that can be attached and limitations to the account (depending on your plan) on the overall file storage. Automation should not have any impact on the forms.

Thanks,

Aravind

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

• Justin Tackitt
    Justin Tackitt ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your response!

The file package contains:

(5) PDF’s totaling 3mb and 1 Outlook .eml file that is 110kb

My plan allows for 250mb.

I had the users try to submit a word doc with one word typed in. File size was super small, and they were able to submit that, but once they try to submit the normal submittal package, they get the error message. Because they are able to submit a super small file and not a "larger" file, I am thinking it has something to do with a time out protocol that smartsheet has. The users tell me is appears to be trying to submit, but after a min or so it gives the error message.

The strangest part is that these same users have been submitting the exact same document package for the last 6 months. Now all of a sudden they cannot - but others can.

I have submitted .HAR files to smartsheet.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!