Conditional logic to display text

I am building a form and I want to include conditional logic so it displays some predefined text, rather than a field. Is that possible?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Alex Iordanoglou

Currently the Conditional Logic on forms (see here) is specific just to configure actual form fields, versus text on a form. Please submit your feedback to our Product Team so they can hear from you, via this form!

You could potentially add in helper-text above a field that is part of your conditional logic rule, so when a selection is made this helper text appears (along with a field). It could even be something like a checkbox that confirms that the user has read the text above, like this:

Another option would be to fill in a Text field with the text you want to appear, and have this be the "Default Value" for that field so it shows up when someone has made the initial selection. Keep in mind that this would mean they could edit the text and you will have a column in your sheet that contains this text as well.

Let me know if either of the above options may work for you, or if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Alex Iordanoglou

Currently the Conditional Logic on forms (see here) is specific just to configure actual form fields, versus text on a form. Please submit your feedback to our Product Team so they can hear from you, via this form!

You could potentially add in helper-text above a field that is part of your conditional logic rule, so when a selection is made this helper text appears (along with a field). It could even be something like a checkbox that confirms that the user has read the text above, like this:

Another option would be to fill in a Text field with the text you want to appear, and have this be the "Default Value" for that field so it shows up when someone has made the initial selection. Keep in mind that this would mean they could edit the text and you will have a column in your sheet that contains this text as well.

Let me know if either of the above options may work for you, or if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Can I have Smartsheet auto populate text values for status (In Progress, Completed, Past Due) when linking dates to certain formulas? and if so, do you have a formula for that logic please?

Thanks,

• Hi @abdos1@yahoo.com

Can you clarify your specific process a bit more? Are you looking to auto-populate a Form Field, or are you looking to build a formula in the grid of a Sheet?

It would be helpful to see screen captures of your set up, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve