When to expect @mentions to work in Dynamic View?

Meredith Luschen
Meredith Luschen ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/13/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

We use Dynamic View to review HR requests. The comments are used by budget and HR to discuss the status of the HR requests. We occasionally need to ask the requester a question and would like to use @mentions to email a comment/questions directly to an individual. Any update on when this will be implemented?

Comments

• rgarcia
    rgarcia ✭✭

SmartSheet Team, please respond

• Maxwell Griffith
    Maxwell Griffith Employee Admin

@Meredith Luschen @rgarcia Hi both, apologies for the delayed response. Our Community Team is tracking down the right people to answer this great question, and we'll post the response shortly!

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• Hi @Meredith Luschen @rgarcia! I'm the Product Manager for Dynamic View. Thank you for your patience. This is certainly a highly requested feature and we plan to get working on it next year, although I cannot provide a committed timeframe at this time.

I'd love to get your thoughts on whether the following based on your use cases:

• The email that sent to the @mentioned user will contain a link to Dynamic View even if the user also has access to the source sheet/report (they would still see the mention if they happened to go into the sheet/report. it just won't link there from the email). Would this work?
    • How important is it that mentions also show up as a notification in Smartsheet?

Thanks in advance for your inputs, it helps us design the solution!

• Meredith Luschen
    Meredith Luschen ✭✭✭✭

@Rashmi Shekhar thank you for the answer. We use Dynamic View to review HR requests from our customers. There are occasions when we need to ask the requester a specific question about their request or give them a status update. We want to be able to @mention them in the comments so the receive the message directly from smartsheet. If they receive the email with the comment included in the @mention - then that is all we need! The @mentions don't need to show up in the notifications as most of our users are not in smartsheet everyday looking at the notifications.

Thanks again for the update and please let me know if you would like to see how we use dynamic view in our review workflows.

• rgarcia
    rgarcia ✭✭

Hi @Rashmi Shekhar We use Dynamic View as a collborative way on sales pipeline, chat is critical for internal communications.