URL or live links in the message

Hi,

Is there a way to create a hyperlink ( live link) in the automated message. The URL that get included is not a live link. one has to copy and paste the same on a browser.

Kindly advise.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello

If you're speaking of a message that is sent through automation, you can add the url directly to the body of the email as you set up the automated workflow. Paste the url in - it will look like plain text but it will be an active link when received.

• Avinash Chandra
    Avinash Chandra ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I tried but the link actually becomes text and one has to copy the URL and paste the same in the browser. I need to ensure that the URL is clickable. Kindly advise

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

Is the jpg from the received message, or the message as the text appears when building the email text? If it is from the received message, I'm sorry, it has me stumped. I send active links in the automated messages frequently. Is it possible to add the smartsheet email address to a safe sender list in case a security protocol is the culprit?

I hope you get an answer.

• Avinash Chandra
    Avinash Chandra ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/14/20

thanks, This JPG is from the message i received.

Thanks for your help. have a good night.

• Avinash Chandra
    Avinash Chandra ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello and Good morning,

I further realize that when I copy a link from the smartsheet and paste it in an email, previously it used to become a live link, but now it is becoming text. Did I mess up a setting on my computer?

Kindly advise.

• I have the same issue, the link pasted in the email is not live. There appears to be no way to make it live as well

• I hope this helps but I made a column in the sheet that has the link populated as default value. Then in the automation, i can refer to the cell and it comes out as a link in my messages.

• I am having the same problem related to url is presented as TEXT not a hyper link. I have tried to fill a separate cell with the hyper link - and that does not work. Has anything changed in the last few years that makes the hyperlink availalbe?