Share only filtered info

Still new to Smartsheets and could use some help defining a shared view of a larger sheet.

I have a sheet that I would like to share only specific data with a person (view mode) and I set a column titled as EU and place an X in the row for data that I want to share with another person. I then created a filter for the EU cases and saved my sheet.

Now I want to share this with the person. I've gone into File / Share / and used EDIT button toward the bottom. Under Filter, I thought there would register the filter that I had just created "EU cases", but there is nothing.

Am I doing this right?

First screen shot you can see file / share .... and you can also see that I have the filter for EU Cases.

The next pic shows the Edit button options.

What am I missing? It seems to be right in front of me, but I'm not seeing it.

TIA to all!

Answers

• Bee Ng
    Bee Ng ✭✭✭

Hi @Tammy Luther

So, in this scenario, instead of creating a "filter" in the sheet, what you most likely want to do is to create a Report, and then share the Report with the user.

Also - once you have the Report created, instead of sharing the link directly to the Report, you should "Publish" the Report and then share the "published link" with the User. When you do this, then you do not need to give the User access to your Sheet.

When you create the Report, you will specify the Sheet that the rows are coming from, and you will be able to setup the "filter" using the Report Builder, so that you select only those rows that you want that User to see.

You can read more about Reports here:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bee

Business Manager, AcuWorkflow