View of a Sheet Limited to Current User

Hello,

Is there a way to share a sheet so that the user can only see rows that they are assigned to? I know that a report can be set up this way but not sure about a sheet.

Thanks,

Lisakay

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is totally doable when you have a shared filter. But do be aware that users can turn off the filter to see everything on the sheet.

1. Start by creating a new shared filter - Make sure you select the Share Filter box
    2. Set the filter to be filtered by your contact column.
    3. Make sure your contact column selected value is current user.
    4. Save your filter
    1. Then Click on the Share button in the top-right corner of the sheet.
    2. Scroll down below your collaborators and sheet link and select the Edit Button next to Default View.
    3. Select your new filter name in the Filter Drop-down. (if your filter doesn't appear it is because you failed to choose the Shared filter option when creating the filter.
    4. Click Save.
    5. Share your sheet and close the sharing settings.

Users who open your sheet moving forward will see the filter turned on.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LisakayS

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

A solution that would be perfect for this use-case is the premium add-on, Dynamic View.

Is that an option?

More info: 

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.