Document Builder - Mailing Address

Options

Hi!

I need to be able to pull data from multiple columns to make a single mailing address field in Document Builder.

Example:

Column 1 = Client Name

Column 2 = Client Street Address

Column 3 = City

Column 4 = State

Column 5 = Zip

And I need it to look like a real mailing address

Client Name

Client Street Address

City, State Zip

Everything I've done returns something like"

Client Name Client Street Address City, State Zip

All on one line. I need it to have those carriage returns so the shipping department can copy and paste into a mailing label.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jeff Fielder

What formula are you using?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rich Coles
    Rich Coles ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi there - did you find a solution to this? I want to use document builder to insert text that is in paragraphs or has carriage returns in it and retain that formatting. While I can format the text as I need it in the sheet, it loses the formatting when imported into the PDF and appears all on one line.

Many thanks,

Rich

• Paul_J
    Paul_J ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jeff Fielder,

I think I understand what you're trying to do - my solution was to create a form field for each line of the address, and then use additional columns in my smartsheet to join the data that should appear on each row.

i.e. smartsheet columns:

Column 1 = Client Name

Column 2 = Client Street Address

Column 3 = City

Column 4 = State

Column 5 = Zip

Column 6 = City@row + ", " + State@row + " " + Zip@row [I used a column formula for this]

Then in the document generator, I created 3 form fields and mapped those to Columns 1, 2, and 6:

Form field 1 = [ Column 1 ]

Form field 2 = [ Column 2 ]

Form field 3 = [ Column 6 ]