How to get industry event to span multiple days in Calendar App w/o entering each day separately

Options
Andrea Zils
Andrea Zils ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Do you know if there is a way to get an event that I entered into a row to span multiple days in the Calendar App without entering a row for each day the event is taking place? For instance, there’s a convention that is three days long and I want it to show up in the Calendar App view on all three days. Do I need to enter it as three separate rows and select each of the three days in my date drop down? FYI, my Smartsheet is made up of mostly projects in progress but I want to show industry events that are happening around our projects so we keep that in mind re: timing. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 11/25/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andrea Zils

I answered you on this thread, here, but I'll repeat it below in case anyone else has the same question:

It sounds like you may have only mapped one of your date columns to the Calendar App. In the settings under "Map Columns" you should be able to select one date column as the Task Start Date for your projects and then another date column as the Task End Date (see our Help Center article on the Calendar App for more details.)

If you have both of those columns mapped, then you only need one row in the source sheet that has a start & end date to show the convention across all three days! Otherwise, if you wish to keep it to only a Start Date and map just one column, then in this case you would need to create three separate rows with three distinct start dates. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 11/25/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andrea Zils

I answered you on this thread, here, but I'll repeat it below in case anyone else has the same question:

It sounds like you may have only mapped one of your date columns to the Calendar App. In the settings under "Map Columns" you should be able to select one date column as the Task Start Date for your projects and then another date column as the Task End Date (see our Help Center article on the Calendar App for more details.)

If you have both of those columns mapped, then you only need one row in the source sheet that has a start & end date to show the convention across all three days! Otherwise, if you wish to keep it to only a Start Date and map just one column, then in this case you would need to create three separate rows with three distinct start dates. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve