Help with formula using weeknumber

Hi all. I think what I am looking for is a weeknumber formula, but I've having trouble figuring out how this will work.

I have a sheet that lists 31 "fundamentals" of our company. Each week we have a different fundamental to focus on and will be discussing said fundamental at the beginning of meetings. I have sheets for each meeting, with the meeting's date, and I'd like the fundamental to pull into each without having to look it up and manually enter it. The problem I am running into is I am unsure how to write the formula so that when we reach the 31st fundamental, it will start over at #1 on the following week. Also, since there are 52 weeks, but I only have 31 fundamentals I cannot just list each out with a week number on my source sheet and use that as a reference in my meeting sheets.

I have columns for the fundamental #, fundamental name, week number, start date, and end date. I do not know which of these I even require!

Ideally, I'd also like to *not* have to add rows so that start/end dates perpetually continue or update the date ranges to coincide with each new year.

I'd like the info to pull here:

The Format and Priority columns are Text/Number, that could be used if needed.

Any ideas appreciated!

Tags:

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Natalia Kataoka,

Have you tried using =WEEKNUMBER(today()) to return a number from 1-52 representing the week of the year? Move your weekender column to the far left of the data range and use weeknumber with a vlookup to find the fundamental topic for that week. To make it perpetual, combine it with the YEAR() function to lookup 20201 for week 1 in year 2020. Insteak of week number use year and week in the functions table. Build your function table to loop through the topics for a few years out.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!