Date Driven Report

BESP10
BESP10 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/01/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Good afternoon,

We need to be able to create a report for our sheets that generates from the current date (todays date) and any date within 4 weeks after that.

We have a begin date and end date column. How can we create a report that only shows what will be happening in the next 4 weeks?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/02/20 Answer ✓

Hi @BESP10

Hope you are fine, i created a sample sheet for your case and hope the following is answer your question:

1- add new Date type column called ( Check date ) calculate it's value using the following formula =TODAY() + 28 to define the date starting from today with 4 week in future.

2- add checkbox column (4 week Task filter) calculate it's value using the following formula =IF(OR(AND([begin date]@row > TODAY(), [begin date]@row < [Check date]@row), [end date]@row < [Check date]@row), true, false)

3- prepare report using filter to show task with checked value for the column ( 4 week Task filter ).

the following screen shot explain the solution :

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/02/20 Answer ✓

Hi @BESP10

Hope you are fine, i created a sample sheet for your case and hope the following is answer your question:

1- add new Date type column called ( Check date ) calculate it's value using the following formula =TODAY() + 28 to define the date starting from today with 4 week in future.

2- add checkbox column (4 week Task filter) calculate it's value using the following formula =IF(OR(AND([begin date]@row > TODAY(), [begin date]@row < [Check date]@row), [end date]@row < [Check date]@row), true, false)

3- prepare report using filter to show task with checked value for the column ( 4 week Task filter ).

the following screen shot explain the solution :

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• BESP10
    BESP10 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Bassam.M Khalil , I am almost there. I ran the report but dates are still showing up that are past the 28 days. We only want to see into the future for the next 4 weeks. What could I be doing wrong here?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @BESP10

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

PMP Certified

• Hi @BESP10

Our Reports recently had an update which have adjusted the way that the builder looks/works. Were you able to figure out how to set the dates?

In the new Report builder, you would select the Date Column to use as a filter, and set it to be In the Next (number) Days:

You can learn more in our Help Center, here.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now