Defining/Revising User Profile Fields?

Where does the Administrator control the fields that appear in User Profiles? I've looked all through User Management and Admin Center, and I can only find references to controlling visibility of certain fields, not defining the fields themselves.

Answers

• Hi @Brian Curtis

You can do this through User Management in the Admin Center!

When you click on the user to update, a window will appear with their name & general information (email address and if they're licensed or not). From this window, you can navigate to a different tab up at the top that says "Profile". Here's the image from the Help Center article (here):

From this tab you can edit the user’s title, department, company, phone numbers, and job category. Is this what you were looking to do?

Let me know if you were able to find this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Brian Curtis
    Brian Curtis ✭✭
    edited 12/03/20

Thanks, but that's not what I'm trying for. I don't want to revise the values in a field, I want to define which fields exist on the Profile tab for all users--the same way you'd define the field structure and layout of a form, for example. Where does the Administrator manage the setup and definition of the user profile layout?

• Hi @Brian Curtis

Thank you for clarifying! There isn't a way to limit or define what fields are possible per-user. The Profile Fields are the same for all Smartsheet users. If you'd like to provide your feedback to the Product Team about this, please fill out this form here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Oh, okay. Another user pointed me to the "Employee Info Directory' template, so if I can find a way to read in the user-account info there, that could serve as a workaround. Thank you.