Send Automated Alert to Group

M. David
M. David ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to send an automated alert to a group? It looks like the only options are to specific people, contacts in a cell, and everybody shared to the sheet. I have two groups shared to the sheet, one has Editor capabilities while the other is just a Viewer. Is it possible to send to just one of these two groups?

If that is not an option, is there a way of getting all of the contacts in a column into a single cell? Each row in the sheet has the contact of one person in the first group. Is there a way to "collect" all of the people in a column and bring them into a single cell. I could then replicate this onto every row, so anytime there is a new form entry, the entire list is there, and the entire group would be notified.

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer

• Rebekah Valdez-Pound
    Answer ✓

Our solution for a similar challenge was to create a new email distribution with the parties that needed to be notified. Once we granted the new email access to the workstation, and updated the automation with the new email as the "specific people", the correct parties were then being notified with the alert.

Answers

• Rebekah Valdez-Pound
    Answer ✓

Our solution for a similar challenge was to create a new email distribution with the parties that needed to be notified. Once we granted the new email access to the workstation, and updated the automation with the new email as the "specific people", the correct parties were then being notified with the alert.

• M. David
    M. David ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't a solution within Smartsheet, but we will be doing the same thing. There is an email address that we can use to send notifications to all employees in a department. I will add that email address into the contacts column so that notifications can be pushed out to it. Thanks.

• Providing the ability to send an email to a group within Smartsheet would be a very useful feature.

• hello, I wonder if the email that is being sent out to the "email group" recipients is appearing in recipients' inbox individually or recipients are receiving emails as cc'ed along with other recipients?

I am trying to find a way to send an automation email to different people but have them all copied in that email on their inbox. So when they reply, everyone receives their feedback.

Thanks

• Manuel Morandeira
    edited 07/13/23

Hello,

Has anybody found a solution to cc people in an automation alert?

Thanks