is there a 100 line limit on Automated Workflows

Hi there.

I have a very simple Smartsheet that i collect data in for my device deployment project. I run an automated workflow each night to show the number of devices deployed that day. I have about 20 columns of data but only include about 12 of them for the workflow report. The trigger for the workflow is the date of "today" as it runs each day at 6pm. So i don't need any other data other than "todays".

The issue i have is that the automated workflow ran at 6pm yesterday and displayed 100 lines of data but there was a note at the bottom of it to say that 32 lines had not been included !!. After checking my Smartsheet i did in fact have 132 deployments.

Is there a limit to the amount of lines that an automated workflow can include when it is triggered.

Cheers

Steve

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Andree,

Many thanks for the quick response. Very helpful and I thought that would be the answer i would receive back.

It is going to be a real nuisance for me as i have to provide the data to my client every day at 6pm and really want it to be automated. The workflow set up and reliability is excellent.... but if it is only giving me 100 lines and then missing of the remainder that's no use to me at all.

Not sure how i could split the workflow as the "date is today" is the trigger and i cannot see any other way of splitting that out as all the other info is different. Have you any ideas?

I did look quickly at the Report Builder which would give me 'all' the info but i couldn't see a way of automating this to run every night at 6pm. Is there a way of automating it ?

Cheers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve Woolley

You're more than welcome!

Yes, you can set the report to send with recurrence.

More info.

Would that work?

Set Up Recurrence

You can schedule your report to be sent on a recurring basis automatically. Note that when you do this, the report will run before it's sent so that it will always contain the most up-to-date information.

To send a report as an attachment at a recurrence that you specify:

1. Follow the steps above to open the Send as Attachment window.
    2. In the window, next to Delivery, click the Schedule link.

2. In the Delivery Options form, select the frequency with which you want the delivery to occur (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly) and specify the other recurrence options.
    3. Click OK.

Once you've set them up, recurrences will appear in the right panel of the Send as Attachment form. To edit or delete recurrence, click the arrow next to the description of the recurrence.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Thanks for the response and its exactly what i have done.

I needed the extra detail on how to set up the schedule etc so i took a bit of time over the Xmas break and found how to set it up. When i used Report Builder previously, i didn't see the schedule bit so didn't know it was possible,

It all works perfectly now and has all the info i need to provide my client every night at 6pm.

Thanks. 👍️

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve Woolley

Excellent!

Happy to help!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.