Finding date in other sheet and adding into current sheet

Options

Hi Guys

I have a sheet with columns of information. One column has a "container number" which looks something like this "TCNU6307839"

A few rows down i need to enter a date for this "container number". This date is entered in another sheet with the same container number in a row. Now I'm manually copying the container number, opening the other sheet, searching for a match, then tab'ing across to the date and copying it and pasting it back in the original sheet.

I'm wondering if there is a formula that will allow me to search the second sheet, match the container number in one column and pull the date a few cells further down the row and enter it into my current sheet?

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/07/20
    Options

Hi @Michael Nicolaou

Hope you are fine, you can use VLOOKUP or Index with Match function to search the value of container number with reference to other sheet, if you can share a screen shot for your tow sheet after you remove any sensitive data maybe i can help you to create this formula

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Michael Nicolaou

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!