Permanent update link / Form update link expiration

The automated update requests which can be triggered via SMARTSHEET allow users to update a specific cells in a row. This functionality works great. But the links which are provided in the update request email are only valid for one update, meaning that if the updating person has already clicked the link and updated the form, new changes cannot be made anymore via this link.

Is there any way to either keep the link from the update form active for several updates, or is it possible somehow to create a permanent link?

Does somebody has alternative ideas on how to collaborate with people without them needing a new update request prior to every update?

Kind regards,

Carsten

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/08/20

Hi @Carsten Hempelt

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to have a permanent link, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could use a form instead and a helper sheet and then collect the latest information to the main sheet and maybe combine it with the URL-query feature.

Another option could be a 3rd party form integration.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrèe,

thanks for the response. Coming back to your workaround idea. Using a form to update specific fields would not be a bad idea. But I´m struggling to find an idea on how to link the two new form/helper sheet with the original one, without creating two independent sets of data. Did you have some specific solution in mind which can be found in the SMARTSHEET solution center?

Kind regards,

Carsten

PS: the enhancement request is made.