Count of items in a report

jmo
jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi team - I just noticed a change in the way that reports are created. I do like the new functionality but how do I easily tell how many items/rows are included in my report?

In the past, I could just select the "report builder" icon to see how many rows were included but now I don't see that functionality on the report.

It would be helpful if the filtered row count appeared somewhere else on the report.

Maybe it does and I'm just missing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't remember seeing anything go out about the report builder changing. Hmm... The only way I can see how to tell with this new layout is to scroll to the bottom and see what the last row number is.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome - I stumbled upon the report feature change today. Yep - the only way to tell how many rows were counted is to pan all the way down to the last row and see the number there.

Not the most eloquent of workarounds but at least now I know.

I reached out to support with the same question and this is what came back (I briefly looked through the release notes but didn't see anything on this):

Thanks for contacting Smartsheet Support. I understand that you wanted to easily tell how many items or rows are included in your report. I'd be happy to look at this for you.

Since this functionality was removed by the change, we've submitted your feedback to our Product Enhancement team to let them know you would still like to see this capability. Due to the large number of variables they have to take into consideration when deciding what to develop next, we cannot guarantee when, or if, your suggestions will be implemented, but we have let them know. We truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

Our Product team loves to hear from customers like you on how we can improve the product in the future. Please check out Track Product Updates or Make an Enhancement Request from our Help Center to submit a use case scenario on how this feature would improve your experience in Smartsheet, for our product team to review and assess for possible future development. We appreciate your feedback.

We typically communicate about new or improved features once they've been released. Depending on the nature of the changes, we announce through email, in-product messaging, or via announcements on the Smartsheet Community website. At any time, you can see a list of past updates in our Release Notes on the Smartsheet website.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jmoser I got the email notification about the change late last night and saw it this morning. That's definitely a bummer that it was intended. Looks like I'll be submitting an enhancement request as well.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com