VLOOKUP Error

Options

I am trying to create a timecard that auto fills cells based on a table of job numbers, cost codes, phases, and job names.

I am using the VLOOKUP function and it is giving me a #NO MATCH.

=IF([Job Number]@row = 120403, VLOOKUP([Cost Code]@row, [Job Number]33:[Phase (Area)]45, 3, false), VLOOKUP([Job Number]@row, [Job Number]33:[Phase (Area)]45, 3, false))

Ideally, when someone chooses a job number and cost code the job name and phase would populate.. making for less data entry and less errors.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Please help. Thanks!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/10/20
    Options

Hi @Sidonia Posteuca 

Hope you are fine, could you please share a screenshot for your sheet after you remove any sensitive date

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭
    Options

Hallo,

i am also facing some problem like this,,,, i have two sheet...

Sheet 1 contains columns like Project Nr (Generated by formula), team , area, start date,end date.....

Sheet 2 ,, i would like to use cross sheet formula to fetch all details based on project nr,,, so i used VLOOKUP formula and specified same project nr to fetch info ... but it shows no match...

should i have to covert project Nr column to number in sheet1?

Thank you for ur time and support...

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!