Using Hierarchies When Tracking Completion

I'm in the process of creating a tracker for an audit process. The sheet has multiple layers of hierarchies (i.e. 1, 1.1, 1.1.1). I'm trying to create a formula and workflow based on the parent level. Individuals will check "Complete" through automated update requests and a notification needs to be sent out to management when a full clause is completed. Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @cmcneillyjci ,

This formula will enter "Parent Complete" if the children are checked complete: =IF(COUNT(Children({complete]@row)) = COUNTIF(Children([complete]@row),=1), "Parent Complete", "").

Obviously you can change the response to whatever you'd like. Place the formula in a new column on the parent rows. You can then use the presence of the response to trigger an alert in an automatic workflow.

This isn't a perfect solution but maybe it gets you started in the right direction. Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @cmcneillyjci ,

This formula will enter "Parent Complete" if the children are checked complete: =IF(COUNT(Children({complete]@row)) = COUNTIF(Children([complete]@row),=1), "Parent Complete", "").

Obviously you can change the response to whatever you'd like. Place the formula in a new column on the parent rows. You can then use the presence of the response to trigger an alert in an automatic workflow.

This isn't a perfect solution but maybe it gets you started in the right direction. Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• It worked! Thank you!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning, Thank you for using the Community. Hope to see you again.

Be well,

Mark