Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can I view history of who set/removed alerts and when?

Sheila Julien
Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

An alert was removed and we do not know how that happened.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Is there an alert history we can review?

Thanks!

Sheila

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/22/17

Sheila 

You can use the Highlight changes button then use Cell History to show you who changed what and when. Not quite what you are asking but it may provide an answer? 

Hope that Helps? 

RichardR 

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭

The problem I am having is that an alert was removed and I would like to know when so I know what records or changes were NOT communicated to the right people.  But I cannot see any way to find that history.  

The Highlight Changes might be helpful for this as long as the right people go in and look, but they usually depend on an alert to send them to the sheet...

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sheila,

There is no functionality like what you request.

It would be nice though.

Craig

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'll +1 that.  It's not urgent, really, but why not have visibility of it?  Especially since some users can tweak other peoples alert settings.

This discussion has been closed.