Voting for an Awards Program

Looking to see the best way to set up voting for an awards program.

I use one master sheet to collect award nominations for 8 award categories. Each category could have multiple entries (5 to 15 typically). I'm looking for the best way to have 5 members of our leadership team to view the submission for each category and rank their top 3 (1st, 2nd, 3rd) choices for each category. I then want to use a formula to do a weighted average to identify winners of each category.

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kevin Anderson ,

Too many actions to provide a really detailed response. I assume that you have the main sheet and input form done already.

There are several ways to collect votes but I think reports would be the easiest. You would create a report for each of your 5 leadership team members, if you don't want them to see how others voted. The reports would contain all of the nominations sorted by category and the leader's scoring column. If the reports are too big you could create a report for each category for each leadership team member. Creating the reports is a simple save as new and change the score column to the next leader, next category, etc.

Leaders would enter scores on the report which will populate the main sheet. Formulas in the main sheet calculate the winners.

To help with a scoring formula I need to better understand what you want for a weighted average.

Does this help at all?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kevin Anderson ,

Too many actions to provide a really detailed response. I assume that you have the main sheet and input form done already.

There are several ways to collect votes but I think reports would be the easiest. You would create a report for each of your 5 leadership team members, if you don't want them to see how others voted. The reports would contain all of the nominations sorted by category and the leader's scoring column. If the reports are too big you could create a report for each category for each leadership team member. Creating the reports is a simple save as new and change the score column to the next leader, next category, etc.

Leaders would enter scores on the report which will populate the main sheet. Formulas in the main sheet calculate the winners.

To help with a scoring formula I need to better understand what you want for a weighted average.

Does this help at all?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Thanks Mark - that helps!