Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Any way to add some info OUTSIDE the cells or expand ONE cell only?

Options

Is there a way to add info to the sheet that would show outside the cells?  i.e. carve out a space in the upper left part of the sheet to identify some items without them being in a row or column? Or if the upper left cell could be expanded AND formatted to add infor I'd want to see each time I open the sheet, but is not something to be put in the "list".  I want to create a template where this info might change with each sheet and needs to be filled in.   I tried to expand a cell by using "wrap", but unless I put in spaces as placeholders (that would have to be removed when I fill in each unique sheet), it didn't work.

Cooperating Agent:

Processor:

Email

Phone:

Something like this.  Where I would fill it in differently after the colon, for each sheet.  These are not people I would assign line items to, but are people I may need to contact or be on record for the project.  LIke a template within the sheet itself.

Comments

• Corrina Hansen
    Options

Have you tried entering the above information as a comment to a the first row? That's how we handle multi-line items that don't warranty their own row in the sheet. I know when you duplicate a sheet you can choose to keep the comments and attachments.

This discussion has been closed.