Drop-down box not working in Report

jtallman
jtallman ✭✭✭
edited 12/16/20 in Smartsheet Basics

We have a smartsheet that has a column whose properties are set to include a drop-down list. That list included the selections (Yes, No, N/A). When you click into a cell in this column the drop-down list works as expected.

This column was pulled into a report. I can select the cell. However the drop-down list does not appear, nor can I type into the cell. I cannot update any cells in this column through the report.

I did a google search and came up with the article linked below. It appears to be the same issue logged back in 2016. At the time it was attributed to a bug in a recent update and was being addressed

I should note. This column was added long after the sheet was created. To populate the column initially a formula including IF and OR was used to assign the initial value of Yes, No, or N/A based on a combination of values in other columns of the sheet. The idea was that the formula would be overwritten by using the dropdown box when the value needed to change. I found that if I delete the formula and select a value from the dropdown box, that cell, and only that cell can be edited through the report and the dropdown list works as expected. Is there a reason this messes it up. I can copy and paste in the values from the formulas to resolve the issue but the formula logic is a bonus to get the cell to default to a value until the user is ready to make a manual update.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It has been standard for some time that cells with formulas cannot be edited in a report. This was true on the previous report structure as well as the current one. Sorry.

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It has been standard for some time that cells with formulas cannot be edited in a report. This was true on the previous report structure as well as the current one. Sorry.