Document Builder from a report

Options
John Littler
John Littler ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I introduced document builder to my main intake sheet however when I go to generate a document from a report the fillable pdf. template I loaded is not there. The functionality to generate a document is active...do I have to load my template on every report? Any one else have this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @John Littler

Strange!

I noticed it now, as well.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

Let me know what you find out.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Amy G
    Amy G ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Littler I noticed this same thing.

I mapped the document again while in the report and now it shows up as a saved mapping on other rows in that report, even if I haven't created a mapping on that specific source sheet. The sheets are identical as they came from a template that was created prior to Document Builder being a feature.

The saved mapping does not show up on that very same source sheet when accessing the Document Builder from the sheet itself. If you make a copy of a template sheet that has a saved mapping, the mapping is not available in the new sheet. I imagine the same for various reports.

Also of note, I am not able to select the option to attach the generated document to the row it came from when generating documents from a report.

For my purposes, these two limitations do not make this function worthwhile as I would have to either re-map the document for every sheet I want to use it on, or download all the created documents from the report in a zip file and attach them individually to each row in the report.

If you came up with a work-around, I'd be curious to know.

Thanks,

Amy