Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Schedule Duration Issues

Megan Burns
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I've been working in a CPM schedule. The original showed a 141 day duration, starting 12/12 and ending 05/04. I'm updating some of the relationships as I had to rearrange the work pattern a bit, now my schedule shows 144 days, starting 12/12 and ending 6/29. Does anyone have an answer as to how I gained only 3 days duration yet two full months were tacked onto my end date? I have a feeling it's the way Smartsheet defines duration... but I would thing duration is linked to the days between the start and end of a project.

Insight would be appreciated.  

Comments

• Cancel that, Ghost-Rider. Solution acheived. I've obviously been staring at this too long.

• Maggie Ting
    edited 02/24/17

can you advise your solution?

Did smart sheet ever reflect changes to correponding activities jus as Microsoft project would do?

• Maggie - 

It wasn't an issue of Smartsheet malfunctioning. It's working just as intended. It was an issue of myself comparing two schedules end dates that I had failed to update the starting date on... like, duh. So obviously my end date was going to be two months out when I didn't update the start date to be the actual start date.... It was a facepalm moment.Undecided

This discussion has been closed.