Using SmartSheet forms

I have started using the new SmartSheet forms and loving it. However, I encountered two small issues for which I could not find a solution. Perhaps any of you may be able to help???

1. I want to capture the name and email of the logged in user automatically and save these in the underlying Sheet. Is there anyway of doing this? I can't use the system fields 'created by' since it will be used for some other purpose.
  2. In the form, there is a way to set a 'default' value for a field. However, is there any way it can be done in the underlying Sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SSK_REGN

Not sure I follow.

Why can't you use the created by column? If you set the form so the user has to be logged in, it would work. Do you have something unique in the form for each submitter we could use?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.