Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Starting day of the week on Calendar

Options
Erin Dziengel
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Is there a way for me to shift the first day of the week on the calendar view? I would like my week to start with Saturday and end with Friday.

Thanks!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought the only people that did that are from the Middle East. 

The Calendar View is not configurable in this way.

It won't even allow the view in ISO-8601 standard (first day of week=Monday)

Craig

• Paul Beaupain
    edited 02/27/17
    Options

The ISO-8601 standard (first day of week=Monday) would be nice to have!

• Darrin Eisenbarth
    Options

Agree .. bump .. first day of week Monday.

• solosails
    Options

Agree - this is totally nuts you cant shift the week start even though you can set it in settings -why on earth would the calendar simply not reflect the user settings?

It would even be quite nice to be able to hide the weekend alltogether if so desired.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Non-Smartsheet employee asking here:

Should the calendar settings be per sheet, per user, or for the account?

What about week numbers (ISO, US, Islamic, etc...)

Digression:

Funny (to me) story: I had a customer that wanted to show the week numbers on the project sheet. The problem was that the reason they wanted this was because they worked with a customer that used them. Unfortunately, because of a clerical error, the companies week numbers were WRONG by 1 week. They were using their own counting system, not ISO, US, Islamic, etc... And they refused to change it.

Like the guy that goes into the store and says to the clerk "I want some bargles." What is a bargle, the clerk asks. "You know, a bargle. About so big and so long. Yellow. Comes in a set all connected together. They are usually right around here."  Perplexed, the clerk asks, "Do you mean a banana?" "No a bargle. Oh there they are." He walks over and picks up a banana. "That's a banana" the clerk says. "Well, I call them bargles. Do you have any calits?" 

Craig

• Paco Blazquez
    Options

So far, is this issue sorted out somehow?

I would like to follow my projects in the same way I do with other tools, it means starting weeks on mondays. Does anybody know if this is now possible?

Thanks

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No changes that I am aware of.

:(

Craig

This discussion has been closed.