Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Drop downs issues in form

Mike Urquhart
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Trying to build a customer feedback form.

No idea why but the form does not save the dropdowns as I have entered them.

I enter and save it like this

5 - Very Satisfied

4 - Satisfied

3 - Neutral

2 - Unsatisfied

1 - Very Unsatisfied

When I open the form it looks like this

1 - Very Unsatisfied

5 - Very Satisfied

4 - Satisfied

3 - Neutral

2 - Unsatisfied

I have closed and reopened and redone this multipole times with the same result....

Any help appareciated, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/28/17

Mike, 

The wording of your post seems slightly off and I may be misreading.

When you say "I enter and save it like this", it sounds like you are typing in the WebForm. 

A Dropdown List in the WebForm is pulling its choices from the column's list.

It is only entered once. The column needs to be a Dropdown List type.

I've tried several combinations and have not reproduced the problem otherwise - using either the Display Type as a Dropdown list or as Radio buttons (vertical).

If you are using a column with Dropdown List type, then I would contact support@smartsheet.com

Craig

• Darrin Eisenbarth
    Darrin Eisenbarth ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/28/17

Just confirming as well - I created a dropdown field (called feedback) in a form and added the criteria you provided. The order remains both in the form and in the sheet as entered.

I am using Chrome, but I think Craig's comment may point to the actual problem.

• Thanks Craig and Darrin, yes I am using a dropdown list in the sheet to produce the form (not enetering in the form) so I have no idea why it would do this if yours works fine. The first screenshots show

correct.JPG

correct 2.JPG

Incorrect.JPG

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You have several screen shots of [Our Delivery Performance] dropdowns in the sheet, but none of the [Our People's Performance] which is the one that is shown as incorrect in the column properties (and therefore, I would guess, in the WebForm).

Check [Our People's Performance] in the sheet.

Craig

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Then I am stumped.

When you are creating the second dropdown list, 

1. create new column

2. give it a name

3. change type to Dropdown List

the selectable values will auto-populate with any values already in the column.

For a new column, that is blank, but when changing an existing column from a different type (ie Text/Number), it will auto-populate in alpha-numeric order.

Yours does not appear to be doing that.

I suggest contacting support@smartsheet.com for help.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.