Can the new Record a Date action also record the time of day?

Can the new Record a Date action also record the time of day like the System generated column type?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @curt0724

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a possible workaround, you could use my method below.

Please have a look at my post below with a method I developed.

More info: 

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• curt0724
    curt0724 ✭✭✭

Yes, I think that would work.

Basically the sheet being copied to would be a junk worksheet just used to get the time and date.

We already have a source sheet with an auto-ID so that should make it easier.

I will have to try that but, unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment. I have captured that idea (in a Smartsheet!) for implementation in the near future.

Now that I think about it, maybe I could create a copy of the sheet (with no data) and do a move row when the "Done" column is checked and have an auto date in that sheet.

The current sheet already has a system generated Date Created column in it. So the difference would be the total time difference that incudes the date and time.

Would that work?

We filter out rows that are marked done, we just retain the rows for historical reasons anyway. Having them in another sheet is not a big deal.

But I'm not sure what happens when you move a row that has a system Date Created column in it.

Does it just copy the date or put in a new date since it is a new row? Do you know what happens?

I can try it when I get a chance.

I will submit a product enhancement request as you suggest.

Thanks for your help!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@curt0724

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Yes, that should work.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.