Workspace Sharing - Everyone who was shared has lost access

Hi Everyone,

Curious to know if anyone has run into this issue before. I have a workspace that I've shared with 40 plus other project managers. It's worked great for the past year, but today, I'm only seeing admins in the workspace and not seeing anyone else that had been previously shared.

Has this happened to anyone before? I've submitted a ticket to support.

Thanks,

Jay

Tags:

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jay Duque ,

Did you find an answer? I haven't run into this issue.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jay Duque

Is it possible that someone shared to the Workspace removed a number of people on accident?

I have seen this happen when a user opens a sheet in a workspace and un-share users from what they think is the sheet, however since it's in a workspace they accidentally remove everyone from the workspace instead.

At this point I would suggest adding everyone back in, but being careful about what level of permissions you are providing. (See: Share a Workspace)

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Jay Duque
    Jay Duque ✭✭✭

I had a chance to connect with support at Smartsheet. Although they couldn't confirm if an admin had unshared the workspace with mostly everyone, they think that's what happened. I ended up having to re-add everyone that was previously shared to the workspace.

Smartsheet does allow you to download an excel file that let's you know who shared the workspace, but it doesn't show who "unshared" the workspace, so they submitted an enhancement request for the future.

Thanks all,

Jay D.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jay, Glad you got some resolution. Thank you for adding to the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• I'm having this exact same problem. There were like 40 people in the group and now there's just two admin users left and they said they didn't move anyone. It happened in stages with people just dropping away until it's just them.