Form Query String - Setting the date in the URL

I see that form URLs can take query strings to pre-populate the form, https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478871-url-query-string-form-default-values

In the examples, however, all of the pre-populated data is text, ie URL?field=text

What is the format to pre-populate the calendar?

URL?date=01/02/2021 is not working

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried having the date populate into a date type column then use a cell reference in your formula that builds the URL?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• The idea is to have people fill out the form responding to different dates. Each URL would be unique in that way. I have not tried referencing a date field on the sheet, but it seems like I would only be able to reference a specific row/column. The column name is maintained if data moves, but not the row. If I insert something above the row referenced in the URL would be off. Correct?

• Ok figured it out. Date format is dd/mm/yyyy.

The part that was tripping me up was that the "field" is actually the label, not the column name. While the form defaults to the column name, if you enter a label you need to use that as a reference, not the actual column name.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike Broglio I'm glad you got it figured out. That's good to know about using the label as opposed to the column name. I had never tested that before, so hadn't realized it could be an issue.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com