How do you remove sample data from template sets AND clear out data from 2020 sets to restart 2021

I am brand new to SmartSheet but immediately recognize the template sets as being extremely useful. I am trying to customize the Marketing Shared Services Template set but... in general HOW do you delete the sample data in the template sets so that you can start using what you customize? I can't clear out the Marketing Request Tracker Sheet to start with #1 again. Seeing as though I can't remove sample data, I assume then that I also don't know how to empty out old data from a template set so that I can start again in a new year.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Carole Firth

Hope you are fine, you can delete the sample data by deleting the data in the "Creative Services - Request Tracker" sheet, and everything will be reset to 0, but be careful and don't delete anything in "Shared Services Metrics (DO NOT EDIT)" because it contains the formulas

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Carole Firth

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to know how to re-set the Auto-Number system column in this specific template to start from REQ#1 instead of REQ#42, is that correct?

If so, yes, you can delete all the rows as @Bassam.M Khalil suggested!

Then, if you create new rows it will still start from #42, so we need to re-set this auto-number column. To do so, right click on that Request column, Edit Column Properties, then change the Starting Number to 1:

Now when you create a new row it will start with 1. Our Help Center on Auto-Number columns has more information, see here!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now