Showing the Parent Row in a Report

Hello Community,

I have created a report where I am only showing if there is information to show, however my Parent Row (which in this case indicated which week the information comes from), isn't being shown. Any ideas on how I can have the Parent Row from the Source Sheet show up in my report?

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Erin Greunke
    Erin Greunke Moderator
    edited 01/14/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Helen Percy !

A few other users have posted this same inquiry and suggestions were given -- have you had a chance to search through the Smartsheet Community yet?

Here are a few of the forums -- let me know if these don't address your issue:

1. Show both parent and child rows in report, even if the Parent doesn't meet the criteria
    2. Parent Row in Report (#1)
    3. Parent row in report (#2)

I personally have used "Helper Columns"... Like a checkbox column, where if the box is checked, I'd like the row included on a report, and I set that as a filter criteria in the report.

Erin Greunke
    Sr. Program Manager, Smartsheet Beta Programming

• Helen Percy
    Helen Percy ✭✭✭
    edited 01/14/21

Hello @Erin Greunke

Thank you for your reply and the links, as I had trouble searching for my issue and they have helped a great deal.

I shall use a helper column for now until this function has been implemented in an enhancement.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Kindest regards,

Helen

• dizzy_brain
    dizzy_brain ✭✭✭

I have the opposite question. How to NOT show parent row in a row report? I am learning this, so keeping very simple. I have a sheet called Meetings, where I name the meeting with my staff (parent row e.g. Meeting (Davide/Eugene) and nested under are various tasks that each has to do. I created a row report, in which I only want the tasks to appear (without the parent row) but I don't know how to have parent row not show up? Thank you

• Hi @dizzy_brain

Will your Parent rows always have a blank "Assigned To" or blank "Project" cell? If so, the simplest way to do this (without added columns or formulas) would be to add a Filter statement that excludes rows with a blank Project cell and a blank Assigned To cell.

Let me know if that will work for you or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve