How do I create a widget on a dashboard that can change the date in a sheet summary?

Hello all,

I am wondering how to add a widget to a dashboard that can be changed from the dashboard, and change the date in the sheet summary. The date field in the sheet summary changes the information in the summary, and the information on the dashboard.

Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rylan Funk

Not sure I follow.

You can't change a date in the Sheet Summary from the Dashboard, but a workaround could be to change a date that is in a sheet and linked to the Sheet Summary field.

Make sense?

Would something like that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rylan Funk
    Rylan Funk ✭✭✭

Thank you for your reply, Andree.

I do not think I am am explaining what I am trying to do very well. So, I will be more clear.

I have a sheet that acts as a database with data spanning multiple dates. The sheet summary for the "database" pulls data for whichever date is selected in the date field on the sheet summary. I would like to translate the sheet summary to a dashboard because the layout of a dashboard is much easier to navigate and look at. So, I can display which date is selected in the sheet summary, but there is no way from the dashboard to change the date selected in the sheet summary?

Hopefully I explained what I am trying to do a bit better.