Jira Connector - Required Field in Jira is listed as unidirectional

Jose De Leon
Jose De Leon ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has a bit of experience with the Jira Connector for Smartsheets and might have run into this issue. I have created a bidirectional workflow to/from Jira and have run into an error on a field call "Line of Business". The error message is: Invalid response from JIRA. statusCode: 400, reasonPhrase: Line of Business is required.

The thing is, the field appears as unidirectional on the Mapping so I can't write to it, but it is a required field to create an issue in this Jira project. Any idea why this might be defaulting to unidirectional when you can clearly write to this field in Jira? (FYI, The field is set as a checklist).

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jose De Leon

Certain fields from Jira will appear with only a unidirectional mapping option, such as Issue Key, Jira Link, Issue Link, Created Date, etc. (See this Help Article on Creating Jira Workflows).

JIRA requires certain fields in order to create an issue, and if these fields are missing from a row in Smartsheet then the workflow will run with this error (statusCode: 400, reasonPhrase: XXX is required), as you've found.

You may want to use a different, supported custom field to pull your information across, then copy the information from this field to "Line of Business" once the workflow has created the JIRA issue (changing the JIRA set up to not require this field). I would suggest posting in the Atlassian Community (here) if you want help copying the data.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jose De Leon

Certain fields from Jira will appear with only a unidirectional mapping option, such as Issue Key, Jira Link, Issue Link, Created Date, etc. (See this Help Article on Creating Jira Workflows).

JIRA requires certain fields in order to create an issue, and if these fields are missing from a row in Smartsheet then the workflow will run with this error (statusCode: 400, reasonPhrase: XXX is required), as you've found.

You may want to use a different, supported custom field to pull your information across, then copy the information from this field to "Line of Business" once the workflow has created the JIRA issue (changing the JIRA set up to not require this field). I would suggest posting in the Atlassian Community (here) if you want help copying the data.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Thanks @Genevieve P appreciate the help here. That makes a lot of sense.

• I think I have a similar issue but don't fully understand the mitigation response. I have a custom field in Jira that is required in Jira. The SS connector mapping displays this field as uni-directional from Jira to SS only. As a result, even though my SS sheet has a column and value for this Jira field, it will not be passed to Jira since the SS connector mapping is only allowing uni-directional from Jira to SS. Are you saying my only recourse is to make this field "not required" in Jira? Please Advise.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Greg Gniewek

I've checked in with our Support team about this and they confirmed that they resolved this inquiry with you over email.

For anyone else receiving a similar issue, along with the fields listed above, custom Jira fields with multiple-selections are currently only supported as unidirectional fields (from Jira to Smartsheet).

Cheers,

Genevieve