IF formula from multiple cell information

01/19/21
Answered - Pending Review

I've been tasked to show the approval status of a row. Due to how I created the automation, depending on the level of an award (same sheet as referred to recently) the Manager signer may show status in 1 of 3 different columns. I want to do the colored circles at the beginning of the row. Would do gray if the column is blank, yellow if status is Submitted, red if Rejected, green if Approved.

Popular Tags:

Answers

• Bassam.M KhalilBassam.M Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dale Callaway

Hope you are fine, please find in the following the required formula:

=IF([Submitted]@row = "Approved", "Green", IF([Submitted]@row = "Submitted" , "Red", "yellow"))

Best Regards

Bassam.M Khalil

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for other Smartsheet Community members to find this solution or help to answer their questions.

• Dale CallawayDale Callaway ✭✭✭✭✭

What do I put in if the column cell is blank instead of having Approved or Submitted?

• Bassam.M KhalilBassam.M Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @Dale Callaway

when the cell is blank it's yellow

Best Regards

Bassam.M Khalil

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for other Smartsheet Community members to find this solution or help to answer their questions.

• Dale CallawayDale Callaway ✭✭✭✭✭

Went a different direction. Thanks very much