Update Request Summary instead of Actual Request

JDen
JDen ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

For some strange reason, today while testing workflows and using my email for every line in the worksheet, when adding 12 lines with my email address I receive one update request email from SmartSheet with a simple box that has 12 rows. When clicking on Open Update Form it brings be to a screen with the same fields to update and upload document field, and then with an arrow to move to other 11 requests. When I simply add one or two lines, I receive individual requests with Subject and Message that should appear as per workflow I created.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

These lines are related to specific events, and people outside of the company are meant to receive these update requests. The notification email to be sent should show information from those specific lines which I make appear using {{}}. So I really need this to work. You can see below what the normal notification should look like.

ISSUE WITH UPDATE REQUEST WORKFLOW:

HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@JDen

I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure that is how it will work.

More info.

• When using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows, placeholders will generate separate notifications if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. If seven or more rows are triggered at once, the custom subject and body will be removed.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JDen

It's because it's over 6 rows or something like that. It will not send as separate alerts.

You'll have to save between the changes for it to work.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JDen
    JDen ✭✭✭✭

This could be an issue. Is the 6 rows maximum based on the email address the update request is going to be send to? So if I know have 3 rows with the same email address an update request is going to be sent to, the system will send separate update requests; however, if 7 rows have the same email address, SmartSheet will send summary instead?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@JDen

I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure that is how it will work.

More info.

• When using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows, placeholders will generate separate notifications if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. If seven or more rows are triggered at once, the custom subject and body will be removed.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!