Group Management: Download list of group members

Hi! I am a sys admin and manage groups for our account.

I have to do an audit/update of a large Group in Group Management. I received a new csv master list of the group of members, including all who are already in the group, and those new members who will need to be added to the group.

I think I have to compare who is in the list against the csv file so I can determine the new members I'll need to add.

But I don't seem to be able to capture the member list from Smartsheet. The Group Sheet Access Report does not contain the list of members.

And I don't see any option to download a member list, nor will it allow me to select the text of the list of members within my browser so that I can copy and paste into my excel file.

Any suggestions?

Jodie Kelley - Sys Admin, Hines

jodie.kelley@hines.com

2020 Smartsheet Product Certification

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jodie Kelley

Hope you are fine, it will be a great feature if smartsheet add to the user list a column shows the groups that each user is a member of it, please submit an enhancement request to notify smartsheet developer team to add this feature.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jodie Kelley

One thing that might help could be to add the group's contacts in a sheet and then add the information from the CSV and match them either manually or maybe with a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.